Sunday, August 23, 2009

OMG My 1st Banner!



I haven't been using photoshop very long...a few weeks maybe, and I've been having alot of fun with it! Making scrapbook pages, playing with pictures, stuff like that. Now all of the scrapbooking stuff I've downloaded from various places, I've never made anything from scratch.

When I created this blog I used a pre-made layout from Shabby Blogs, and my friend Melina asked me to make her a banner like the one I used here, but in black and white. Well I've never done anything like that before, but I figured I would give it a shot. I did find pre-made damask paper and flourish swirls, but everything I found I would have had to pay for, and being the cheepo that I am I wasn't going to do that. So I set out on an adventure to find out how to create my own stuff! There are so many great tutorials out there, and before I knew it I was learning about patterns and brushes and all sorts of fun things.

Finally after all of my research I finished her banner this evening. I have to say I'm pretty pleased with the result. I really enjoyed making it, and now I think I'll be trying to make some of my own scrapbooking items!

No comments:

Post a Comment