Saturday, October 17, 2009

Scrapping really is therapy for me

and you can usually tell when I'm having a bad day or a good day by the amount of pages that I do. Today wasn't the greatest of days, hence several pages got done! (and it helped that the kids were at my in-law's playing with their cousin for a few hours today so I wasn't interrupted)

This first one is actually from a speed scrap at Gotta Pixel last night. I loved the freedom we got with this speed scrap, and I'm very happy with the results! I used some silly pics from last weekend at the pumpkin patch....heck after taking almost 400 pics there was about to be one or two that were funny! So I figured I would use those to make a fun page. I used Three Dog Designs Sassy Garden Kit for this layout.


This one I call the Pumpkin Truck (I'm so original aren't I?!?!) I used a collaboration kit called Autumn Wishes. You can hop on the blog train that I got this kit from here and just follow along until you collect the entire kit. This is a very cute kit, and has so much in it!

I must be missing my husband today, something I do every day when he's traveling, but I try not to let it get to me. Today must have been one of those days where it was getting to me cause I did the next few layouts with pics of him. I'm not a mushy or romantic kinda person, but he really is my everything. I should probably tell him that more often.

Anyways...here is one I did of him when he was in Alaska. I love love love this picture of him!!! On this layout I used Backyard Adventures by Bekah E. Designs. I've had this kit for a while now, and this is the first time I've used it. I love the deep colors in it, and I'll be using it again real soon!

This one is Kisses, and I used Three Dog Designs kit called Rainbow Connection. What a super cute kit filled with tons of papers and elements!!! I got the inspiration for this page from a scraplift challenge. Here is the original page that was my inspiration.

And one last challenge for the day was a numbers challenge. I had to use 1 picture that was at least 1/2 of the layout size AND be black & white with color accent, one word art, and one solid paper. Then I could journal and add elements as I wished. I've been holding on to this word art for a while to scrap this picture, and this was the perfect time to do it! I used a kit called Magical Wonderland that I won from the scavenger hunt on Scrappity Doo Dah. All the great designers there put this kit together and WOWZERS it's a great one!
So that's it for today. I'm going to go crash out on the couch and watch some CSI. Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment